Organic Loven by Morning Indigo is dedicated to using local suppliers for raw products, packing/shipping materials and office supplies that meet our environmental and ethical standards. We will strive, where feasible, to purchase local and environmentally-preferable products and services that meet the company’s needs.
Where possible, purchasing decisions shall favor:
- Products that reduce greenhouse gas emissions or are made with renewable energy.
- Products that reduce the use of chemicals that are hazardous to the environment and employee and public health.
- Products that contain the highest possible percentage of post-consumer recycled content.
- Products that reduce air and water pollution.
- Products that reduce waste.
- Suppliers who strive to improve their environmental performance and provide environmentally-preferable products, and who can document the supply-chain impacts of their efforts.
- Reusable products.
- Products that serve several functions (e.g., copier/printers, multipurpose cleaners) and reduce the overall number of products purchased.
- Products that are recyclable or compostable.
- Products and services from the local community and region (within a 100-mile radius)
Environmentally-preferable products and services comparable to their standard counterparts in quality and price should receive purchasing preference. In situations where environmentally-preferable products are unavailable or impractical, secondary considerations should include the environmental management practices of suppliers and producers.
The purchase of environmentally-preferable products is part of our long-term commitment to the environment. By sending a clear signal to producers and suppliers about this commitment, we hope to support wider adoption of environmentally-preferable products and practices.