Organic Loven by Morning Indigo is dedicated to using local suppliers for raw products, packing/shipping materials and office supplies that meet our environmental and ethical standards. We will strive, where feasible, to purchase local and environmentally preferable products and services that meet the company’s needs.
Where possible, purchasing decisions shall favor:
1. Products that reduce greenhouse gas emissions or are made with renewable energy.
2. Products that reduce the use of chemicals that are hazardous to the environment and employee
and public health.
3. Products that contain the highest possible percentage of post-consumer recycled content.
4. Products that reduce air and water pollution.
5. Products that reduce waste.
6. Suppliers who strive to improve their environmental performance
and provide environmentally preferable products, and who can document the supply-chain impacts
of their efforts.
7. Reusable products.
8. Products that serve several functions (e.g., copier/printers, multipurpose cleaners) and reduce the
overall number of products purchased.
9. Products that are recyclable or compostable.
10. Products and services from the local community and region (within a 100 mile radius)
Environmentally preferable products and services comparable to their standard counterparts in quality and price should receive purchasing preference. In situations where environmentally preferable products are unavailable or impractical, secondary considerations should include the environmental management practices of suppliers and producers.
The purchase of environmentally preferable products is part of our long-term commitment to the environment. By sending a clear signal to producers and suppliers about this commitment, we hope to support wider adoption of environmentally preferable products and practices.
All prices are in USD